Table of Contents
Are you ready to learn the secret to creating the most delicious blueberry pie filling? Look no further! In this article, I’ll share with you my tried-and-true method for canning blueberry pie filling using a special ingredient that will take your pies to the next level. Get ready to impress your friends and family with your homemade delights!
The Magic Ingredient: Clear Jel
When it comes to canning blueberry pie filling, one ingredient stands out from the rest: Clear Jel. This special product, often hard to find, is a game-changer for canning enthusiasts. Unlike cornstarch or flour, which are not approved for canning, Clear Jel creates a clear, thick gel without altering the taste of your fruit. It’s a must-have for creating the perfect pie filling.
Where to Find Clear Jel
Clear Jel may not be readily available in your local grocery store, but fear not. You can easily order it online from sites like Amazon or find it at specialty stores. Trust me, it’s worth the effort to track down this magical ingredient. Once you have it, you’ll be able to make all kinds of pie fillings, from blueberry to cherry, peach to apple. The possibilities are endless!
The Recipe: Blueberry Pie Filling
Now that you have your hands on some Clear Jel, it’s time to put it to use. Here’s a simple recipe for blueberry pie filling that will blow your mind:
- 6 cups of freshly washed and drained blueberries
- 6 cups of sugar
- 2 and 1/4 cups of Clear Jel
- 7 cups of cold water
- 1/2 cup of bottled lemon juice
- Start by mixing the sugar and Clear Jel in a pot. Add the cold water and stir until well combined.
- Cook the mixture on medium-high heat until it thickens and begins to bubble.
- Add the lemon juice and continue boiling for one minute.
- Fold in the blueberries and mix well.
- Fill hot jars with the blueberry pie filling, leaving about an inch and a half of headspace.
- Wipe the rims of the jars clean and place the lids on top, tightening them with fingertip pressure.
- Process the jars in a water bath canner for 30 minutes.
- After the processing time is up, carefully remove the jars and let them cool.
The Result: Delightful Blueberry Pies
Once your jars of blueberry pie filling have cooled and the seals have set, you’ll have a pantry stocked with the key ingredient for quick and easy pie-making. Whether you’re craving a classic blueberry pie or feel like experimenting with different flavors, your homemade filling will make all the difference.
Now that you’re armed with the secret to making the best blueberry pie filling, it’s time to get cooking! With Clear Jel on your side, you’ll have the ability to create pies that will amaze your loved ones. So don’t wait any longer, start gathering your ingredients, order your Clear Jel, and get ready to be the pie-making maven in your community. Happy baking!