Are you ready to take your chocolate chip cookies to the next level? Today, I’ll be sharing my favorite recipe for double chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are super easy to make, incredibly soft, and packed with chocolatey goodness. Trust me, you won’t be able to resist them!
A Chocolate Lover’s Dream
To begin, gather the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 and 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups of chocolate chips (you can use your favorite kind, such as semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
Let’s Get Baking
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix well until everything is incorporated.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Gradually add the all-purpose flour, stirring until a thick cookie dough forms.
- Now, it’s time to amp up the chocolatey goodness! Add the chocolate chips to the dough and mix them in evenly.
- Using a two tablespoon cookie scoop, portion out the dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. For even better results, chill it for an hour or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Bake the cookies for approximately 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are no longer glossy on top. Be sure not to overbake them!
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These double chocolate chip cookies are a blank canvas for your culinary creativity. While they’re already packed with chocolate chips, feel free to experiment with different additions. Consider adding M&M’s, chopped candies, or nuts to create your own unique twist! The possibilities are endless.
Remember, if you want to enjoy the ultimate chocolatey experience, be sure to use high-quality ingredients like Ghirardelli chocolate chips. The rich, fudge-like texture of these cookies will make them a favorite among your friends and family.
Don’t forget to visit El Reno Ok for more delicious recipes and baking inspiration. And be sure to leave a comment below letting me know what you think of these irresistible double chocolate chip cookies. Happy baking!