Cooking chicken legs in the oven is easy, but does take some time. If you’re looking to make a delicious meal for your family or friends (or just yourself), then follow these steps and enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. If you’re not sure how to determine the temperature of your oven, use an oven thermometer to check it.
- Allow at least 15 minutes for preheating before cooking anything in there–even if your recipe calls for less time.
- Make sure you have the right size pan and enough space in your oven so that all of your chicken legs can fit without crowding each other or spilling over onto another rack (or onto yourself).
2. Place the chicken legs in a roasting pan and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken legs in a roasting pan and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken skin side up, not touching each other so they can brown nicely without steaming each other.
- Make sure your oven safe pan has enough room for all of your chicken legs to cook at one time without overcrowding them (you can place them in two batches if necessary).
3. Roast at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through (internal temperature should reach 165 degrees).
- Roast at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through (internal temperature should reach 165 degrees).
Remove from oven and serve hot, alongside your favorite side dishes!
4. Remove from oven and serve hot, alongside your favorite side dishes!
After cooking, remove the chicken legs from the oven and transfer them to a platter. Serve hot with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
If you have any extra cooking juices, pour them into a saucepan and reduce over medium heat until they’ve thickened slightly. Pour the sauce over your chicken before serving it or use it as an ingredient in another recipe (like my Chicken Leg Stew).
Cooking chicken legs in the oven is easy, but does take some time.
When cooking chicken legs in the oven, it’s important to keep in mind that cooking time will vary depending on the size of your chicken legs. If you’re using a whole chicken leg or larger pieces, you’ll need to cook them for longer than if you were using smaller ones.
Cooking chicken legs in an oven also requires some trial and error–you might want to check your temperature settings before getting started! If they’re too high or too low, this can affect how long it takes for your food to cook thoroughly. On top of this, there are two ways that people usually prepare their chicken: with or without skin (and sometimes both). So whether or not you want those tasty little crispy bits is up to personal preference; just remember that removing them will decrease overall cooking time by about 5 minutes per pound!
I hope this recipe has helped you to see how easy it is to cook chicken legs in the oven. It’s really just a matter of preheating your oven, seasoning your meat and then roasting it for about 20 minutes or so. You can serve these juicy little morsels alongside some delicious sides like mashed potatoes or steamed vegetables for a complete meal!