There are two ways to cook ribs—in the oven and on a grill. Both methods require you to season the ribs first, but there are also some differences in how you prepare them for cooking. When you’re using your oven, cover the rack with aluminum foil to keep it from getting too messy. And don’t forget about resting time: let your meat rest after cooking so that all of its juices stay intact!
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Before you even begin to cook your ribs, you’ll want to make sure that your oven is preheated. This will ensure that they don’t cool down while in the oven and turn out tough or rubbery.
To preheat an electric oven:
- Set it to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Turn on all burners on high heat until they reach full heat, then turn off one burner at a time until all are off except for one burner set at medium-high or high setting.
Step 2: Place the ribs on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Place the ribs on a rack in a large roasting pan. Make sure they are not touching, and that they are at least 2 inches away from the sides of the pan and 2 inches below its bottom.
Step 3: Bake for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until cooked through and tender.
After you’ve covered the ribs, bake for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until cooked through and tender. If you want your ribs more done, leave them in longer; if you want them less done, take them out sooner.
You can cook ribs in your oven if you follow these steps
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the ribs with salt, pepper, and other spices as desired.
- Wrap each rack of ribs in aluminum foil (you should have two racks per package). Place them on a baking sheet or in a roasting pan without touching each other or the sides of your oven; this will help keep them from drying out while cooking! 4.. Bake for 1 hour covered with tinfoil, then remove tinfoil and continue cooking until done (about another 30-45 minutes).
Ribs are a popular dish that can be enjoyed by many people. If you want to make some at home, it’s important to know how long they take to cook in an oven. The steps above will give you an idea of what to do when baking ribs in order for them to come out tender and delicious!