Pigs in a blanket are a delicious snack that’s been around since at least the 1800s. It may sound like it would be complicated to make, but they’re actually pretty easy—and they can be made with any number of different fillings. Here’s everything you need to know about pigs in a blanket: how long do you cook them for and how to make them yourself.
How Long Do You Cook Pigs in a Blanket
Pigs in a blanket are one of the most popular snacks at parties and barbecues. The classic recipe calls for wrapping hot dogs in crescent rolls, but you can also make them out of sausage or bacon.
In order to get your pigs in blankets perfectly cooked, you’ll need to cook them on a baking sheet at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes (or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F). If you want your pigs in blankets crispy, turn up the heat to 425 degrees F and let them cook for another 5 minutes or so until they reach an internal temperature of 175 degrees F.
How to Make Pigs in a Blanket
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a pastry brush to paint the outside of each biscuit with melted butter, then place them on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown, watching closely so they don’t burn! Remove from the oven, allow them to cool completely before use (about 15 minutes), then proceed with filling preparation below:
How to Serve Pigs in a Blanket
Pigs in a blanket are an appetizer, so you can serve them as such. But they can also be served as part of a main course if you have enough people at the table who want to eat them. If you’re serving pigs in blankets for dinner, try pairing them with mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables like broccoli or carrots!
Try these delicious recipes for pigs in a blanket.
- Try these delicious recipes for pigs in a blanket.
- Have fun with different fillings and sauces, such as:
- cheese, mustard and onion (this is my favorite!)
- cheddar cheese and jalapenos (very spicy)
- cream cheese and honey mustard
We hope you enjoyed this article on how long do you cook pigs in a blanket and how to make them. If you have any questions about our recipes or anything else related to cooking, please feel free to contact us! We’d be happy to help out as best we can.