Have you ever wondered how long cooked rice lasts in the fridge? You’ve probably heard it goes bad pretty quickly, but did you know that if you freeze it, it can last for months? Not only that—if you’re wondering about storing uncooked rice as well (or any other food), check out my guide to How Long Does Food Last in the Fridge.
1. Cooked rice lasts 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Cooked rice lasts 4 days in the refrigerator.
- You can freeze cooked rice, but it will only last a few months before going bad.
- To prevent freezer burn, wrap each portion of cooked rice tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing it in an airtight container or resealable bag, then keep them in your freezer until ready to use (the same goes for any leftovers).
2. If kept frozen, cooked rice will last up to 6 months in the freezer.
If you want to keep cooked rice in the freezer, it should be stored in an airtight container or freezer bag. You can freeze cooked rice for up to 6 months. To thaw, simply place the frozen bag of rice in a bowl and let it sit at room temperature until completely thawed (about 30 minutes). If you’re in a hurry, run warm water over the outside of the bag until it melts through.
Cooking times for frozen rice vary based on how much you’ve prepared:
- 1 cup – 20 minutes
- 2 cups – 25 minutes
- 3 cups – 30 minutes
3. How long does cooked rice last? Rice can be stored in the refrigerator for 4 days after cooking and freezing it for up to 6 months.
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
Cooked rice lasts about four days in your fridge, but you can freeze it for up to six months!
You can store cooked rice in the fridge for up to four days. If you want to keep it longer, cook up a batch and freeze it!
To freeze cooked rice:
- Freeze in an airtight container or freezer bag. If you’re storing it in an airtight container, make sure there is enough room for the rice to expand when frozen (an extra inch or two should do). Be sure that your seal is tight so that no air gets into the container while it’s being stored.
- Use within six months for best results.
Hopefully, this article has helped you understand how long cooked rice lasts in the fridge and freezer. It’s important to remember that all foods have different shelf lives and some may not last as long as others. You can also check out our article on how long does cooked chicken last?