Microwaves are ubiquitous, but not everyone knows how to use them effectively. For example, did you know that if you don’t cut a potato before microwaving it, the skin will explode? No? Well then, let me show you how to cook a baked potato in the microwave:
- 5 pounds is the optimal cooking time for a baked potato in the microwave. If your potato is smaller than 1.5 pounds, use less time; if it’s larger than 1.5 pounds, use more time.
You can also use this time to cook other foods in the microwave at the same time as your potato:
- 1 cup of milk (or any other liquid) will take about 2 minutes and 20 seconds to heat up from room temperature to steaming hot
- 2 slices of bread (1/2 inch thick) will take about 1 minute and 20 seconds to brown on both sides
The microwave is a great way to cook your potatoes. It’s fast, easy and convenient.
If you’re cooking just one or two potatoes, place them on a paper towel in the microwave. Set the timer for 6-8 minutes and turn it over halfway through cooking time. Use a fork to check for doneness; if they’re not done yet, continue microwaving until they are done but still firm (not mushy). If you want to add butter or sour cream after they’ve cooled off slightly–and no sooner–then wait until then!
- 3 pounds is the optimal time for a potato in the microwave.
- 6 minutes is the optimal time for a potato in the microwave.
- 8 minutes is the optimal time for a potato in the microwave.
- 4 minutes is the optimal time for a potato in the microwave
Russet potatoes (4) in a 1000 watt microwave oven.
The optimal time to cook a baked potato in the microwave ranges from 6-8 minutes, depending on the weight of the potato.
Microwave ovens are not all the same, so the time it takes to cook a baked potato in the microwave depends on the weight of your potato. If you don’t have a microwave, you can bake them in an oven or boil them instead.
The optimal time to cook a baked potato in the microwave ranges from 6-8 minutes, depending on how large it is:
- Smaller potatoes (1/2 pound) – 6 minutes
- Medium-sized potatoes (1 pound) – 7 minutes
- Large potatoes (2 pounds) – 8 minutes
If you’re looking for an easy way to cook a potato, the microwave is your best bet. It’s quick and convenient, and it doesn’t require any added fats or oils that might make the potatoes taste greasy. If you want to keep things even healthier than they already are (and who doesn’t?), try cooking them with just water instead of oil–it’ll make all the difference!