Asparagus is one of my favorite spring veggies. It’s delicious, and it always feels like a treat to eat something that’s in season and grown locally. But I’ve never been sure how long to cook it, so I called up my friend the internet for help! Here are the results of our experiments:
- Wash the asparagus and snap off the woody ends.
- Break off any spears that are too thick, or cut them in half lengthwise to make them thinner if they’re not too thick.
- Cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2 inches long)
- Step 2: Add the asparagus to a microwave-safe dish or pan, with about 1/2 inch of water on the bottom.
- Step 3: Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. You can also steam asparagus in the same way by placing it in a steamer basket over boiling water for about 4 minutes (or until tender).
To cook asparagus, you’ll want to place it in a pan and cover it with water. The amount of time it takes to cook depends on how thick the spears are and whether or not they have been trimmed. The thicker the asparagus, the longer it takes to cook through–so if you’re working with thicker spears (which can be up to 2-inches long), then expect your cooking time to increase by about five minutes per inch of thickness.
As for how much water should be used? You’ll want enough liquid for all of your spears so that they’re completely submerged during cooking; otherwise some parts may end up burning while others remain raw! The general rule here is 1 cup per pound/500 grams of prepared vegetables like this recipe calls for.”
How long it takes to cook asparagus depends on how thick the spears are and how you want them cooked.
How long it takes to cook asparagus depends on how thick the spears are and how you want them cooked. Asparagus is a vegetable that can be boiled, steamed, grilled or roasted. Each method of cooking results in different textures and flavors of asparagus so it’s important to know which one you want before starting your recipe.
Asparagus is a delicious vegetable that can be cooked many different ways. It’s easy to prepare, but you do need to make sure that you cook it long enough so that it doesn’t turn out tough or bitter tasting. This article will give you some tips on how long it takes to cook asparagus at 400 degrees Fahrenheit so that your next meal is delicious!