If you’re new to the world of pressure cooking, the Instant Pot can be a bit intimidating. But it doesn’t have to be! This article will show you how to cook chicken in an Instant Pot and give you some guidelines on how long it takes for different cuts of chicken to cook.
How to cook chicken in Instant Pot?
How to cook chicken in Instant Pot?
- Clean the pot and add 1 cup of water.
- Add chicken breasts, thighs, drumsticks and wings that have been cut into pieces if desired (you can leave them whole if you prefer).
- Turn the valve to sealing position and press “manual” button on your Instant Pot control panel, then set timer for 15 minutes at high pressure
Chicken breasts, thighs, drumsticks and wings
Here are the times for cooking various chicken parts in your Instant Pot:
- 30 minutes for boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 35 minutes for bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 15 minutes for boneless skinless chicken thighs (or 20 if they’re extra large)
- 20 minutes for bone-in, skin-on thighs (or 25 if they’re extra large) * 20 minutes for boneless skinless drumsticks/wings
A whole chicken can take a bit longer to cook than other cuts of meat. The longer you cook it, the more tender your meat will be.
For most people, a whole chicken is best cooked by steaming in an Instant Pot. If you don’t have one or don’t want to buy one just for this purpose (and we don’t blame you), there’s another option: use a steamer basket or rack with some water in the bottom of your pot and place it on top of all those vegetables! Just make sure they’re not touching any part of the chicken itself so they don’t get too soft while cooking
How many minutes to cook chicken in instant pot?
The recommended cooking times for boneless, skinless chicken breasts are 15 minutes at high pressure and 10 minutes if you’re using the quick release method. The same holds true for bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (20 minutes at high pressure). For boneless and skinless thighs, 8 minutes is recommended; 12 minutes is needed for bone-in and skin-on thighs.
The bottom line: If you have 15 minutes to spare before dinner time rolls around, it’s best just to use your Instant Pot!
How long does chicken cook in an instant pot?
The answer to this question depends on a few factors. The most important thing to note is that you should always use the saute function before cooking your chicken in order to seer the meat and seal in flavor. This can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes, depending on how much chicken you’re cooking (and how many pieces).
Once your Instant Pot has come up to pressure and reached its cook time, remove it from the heat source and allow it to naturally release for 10 minutes before manually releasing any remaining pressure by turning the valve at its lid counterclockwise with an oven mitt or towel-covered hand.
From 15 minutes to 30 minutes, you can choose the right time for your instant pot.
The timing for cooking chicken in an instant pot varies based on the type of meat, whether or not it’s boneless and skinless, and whether or not it has bones. For example:
- 15 minutes for boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 30 minutes for bone-in chicken breasts (they take longer because they have more surface area)
- 5 minutes for boneless skinless chicken thighs (they cook faster than other cuts of meat)
- 10 minutes for bone-in chicken thighs
The same goes with drumsticks and wings–the larger pieces of poultry will need more time than smaller ones.
It’s very easy to cook chicken in Instant Pot. You just need to choose the right time according to your dish and cooking method. We hope this article will help you make delicious chicken dishes in no time at all!