Are you looking for a delicious dinner idea? Try pork chops. This meat is easy to cook in the oven and makes a great meal with vegetables or potatoes. There are lots of different ways to prepare pork chops so that they are tender, juicy and flavorful. They can be baked with herbs or spices, breaded and fried, or grilled on an outdoor grill.
How to cook pork chops in oven
Pork chops are a cut of meat from the loin of the pig. They’re often cooked in an oven, which is one way to cook pork chops in general. There are many ways to cook pork chops in an oven; you may want to try some different methods before settling on your favorite one!
Oven-Baked Pork Chops Recipe
Oven-baked pork chops are a simple and delicious way to make dinner. For best results, use thick bone-in pork chops that have been trimmed of excess fat and skin. Rub them with salt and pepper, then place them in an ovenproof dish with some olive oil or butter. Roast at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit (about 30 minutes).
Cooking time will vary depending on how thick your chops are; check by inserting a meat thermometer into the center of one of them–it should read roughly 145 degrees F when done cooking. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, cut into one of your pork chops with a sharp knife to check if it’s done; there should be no pinkness left inside after cutting through all layers of meat
Oven-Fried Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Pulled Pork with Barbecue Sauce
Pulled pork is one of the most popular dishes to make in an oven, but it can be tricky to get right. The trick to making pulled pork in an oven is knowing when it’s done so that you don’t end up with dry meat or a burnt outside.
There are many variations on this recipe, but here’s how I do it:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 Celsius). Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook 3 pounds of boneless pork shoulder until browned on all sides–about 10 minutes per side for me! Remove from pan and set aside on a plate; add another tablespoon of olive oil if needed before adding 2 cups onion slices (about 1 large onion), cooking until soft–about 5 minutes should do it! Return cooked meat back into same skillet along with 1 cup barbecue sauce (I’m partial toward Bull’s Eye brand), seasonings such as salt/pepper & garlic powder then stir well until combined completely throughout all ingredients being used within dish itself.*
- When you’re ready to cook the pork chops, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place each chop on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper (this will make cleanup easier). If you’ve got a nice juicy marinade that needs to be used up, consider dipping them in it before putting them in the oven!
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown on top.
As you can see, there are many ways to cook pork chops in the oven. Whether you like them crispy or soft and juicy, there are recipes to suit your tastes. The best part about these dishes is that they’re easy enough for even novice cooks! So if you’ve never tried making pork chops before but want something quick & easy tonight–or tomorrow night–then give one of these recipes a shot!