Air fryers have been around for a while now, but they’re still one of those kitchen appliances that people are wary about trying. People tend to associate them with greasy food and lots of cleanup. But that’s not always the case! You can make healthy foods in an air fryer, too—and one of those foods is chicken breast. It’s a lean meat that cooks quickly and benefits from being baked in an air fryer because it doesn’t dry out as much as it would in an oven or on the stovetop. Plus, who doesn’t love crispy chicken?
1/2 to 1 pound of chicken breasts
If you’re cooking 1/2 to 1 pound of chicken breasts, cook for 25 minutes at 375 F. If you’re cooking 2 pounds of chicken breasts, cook for 50 minutes at 375 F.
10 minutes at 350 F
The following is the recommended time and temperature for cooking chicken breast in an air fryer:
- 350 F for 10 minutes on one side, flipping over after 5 minutes
If you are using a digital air fryer, this will be indicated by a “1” or “2” on your screen. If not, simply follow these instructions:
- Place your chicken breasts in the basket of your electric air fryer and close the lid (or door). Make sure everything is secure before turning on your machine!
- Set it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (F) and let it preheat while preparing other ingredients if necessary; otherwise just wait until ready to cook
25 minutes at 375 F
When cooking chicken in an air fryer, the cooking time depends on the size of the chicken breast. For example, if you were to cook two small boneless skinless breasts at 375 F for 25 minutes and then check their internal temperature with a meat thermometer (which should read 165 F), it would be done.
If your air fryer has an adjustable setting that allows you to set different temperatures for different foods as well as a timer function, then follow these steps:
- Set your machine’s temperature knob or button to 375 F; this will be its default setting when turned on without any other adjustments made by you first before putting food inside it
- Put some olive oil into a bowl large enough so it can hold both pieces side-by-side comfortably without overlapping each other too much (this way they won’t stick together during cooking). Then dip each piece into this bowl so that both sides are coated evenly with oil
15 minutes at 400 F
- How Long to Cook Chicken in an Air Fryer?
- What Temperature Should I Use?
Chicken breasts take 15 minutes at 400 F. You can cook them at a higher temperature, but they won’t be as tender and juicy if you do so.
Cooking chicken in an air fryer can be done in a short amount of time.
The amount of time it takes to cook chicken in an air fryer depends on how many pounds you’re cooking and at what temperature.
For example, if you’re cooking two large breasts, it will take about 10 minutes per pound at 350 degrees. For one pound of chicken breast that’s been cut into cubes, it takes around 6-8 minutes per batch (or about 5 minutes per side) at 400 degrees.*
You can also use these guidelines for cooking other types of meat like beef or pork:* 6 minutes per pound at 350 degrees* 4-5 minutes per batch (or 2-3 minutes per side) at 400 degrees
Cooking chicken in an air fryer is a great way to get it done quickly. You can cook a whole chicken breast in about 30 minutes and it will come out crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.